Dan Funderburgh for The Working Proof.
EDITORIAL INTERN, FALL 2011
10-16 per week, hours are flexible
School credit / unpaid
Starts September / Ends mid December
The Working Proof is an online print gallery and shop that brings together art + charity through a series of limited-edition prints. 15% of each print sold is donated to the charity of the artist’s choice. The Working Proof is located in the Prospect Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, and we are currently seeking an intern who will provide us with curation, copywriting and office support.
- Assistance with artist research and outreach.
- Assistance with interviewing artists, and editing interviews for our weekly newsletter.
- Preparation of artist editions for weekly print launch.
- Contribution to our blog (artist interviews and artist happenings)
- Assistance in brainstorming of new website features.
- Order fulfillment.
- Social media outreach (twitter, facebook)
- Attend/photograph/write up design events around NYC for the Sub-Studio Design Blog.
The internship will begin in mid-September (preferably the week of September 12th). We prefer that you work from our Prospect Heights apartment, but a scenario where you work partially from home is also a possibility. We are seeking an intern that can work 10-16 hours per week; those hours are flexible between 10-6pm, M-F.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in what is going on in the art and design worlds
- Organized and efficient
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with Wordpress/Blogger
- Social networking enthusiast
Please send an email to me introducing yourself, including a list of your favorite artists, blogs, and websites, along with your resume and two short writing samples. If you have a design portfolio, all the better - please send us a link or some samples of your work!
Thank you for your interest!
Stacey Rozich for The Working Proof.